Monday, September 4, 2017

2017 CSA Week 18

Happy Labor Day, fellow CSA members!

I hope you all have had a wonderful holiday weekend. We made a somewhat impromptu trip to the beach and I got to see my baby (and my mom!) see the ocean for the first time this evening. What a sweet blessing.

No matter how you spent your weekend, we've got a great share headed our way:


Produce
Storage
Longevity
garlic
room temperature
Weeks
butternut squash
room temperature
2-4 weeks
acorn squash
room temperature
several weeks
potatoes
room temperature
2+ weeks
lunchbox peppers
washed or unwashed, in fridge
1-2 weeks
bell pepper
washed or unwashed in fridge
1-2 weeks

In case you're like me and aren't sure what a "lunchbox pepper" is, I asked the question for both of us. Ford says they're small, sweet peppers. Basically bite size. Like the ones you find on some veggie trays.

This is our first butternut squash of the season, and so I must share with you my family's favorite butternut squash recipe: Black bean and butternut squash burritos. For all the Bs, it gets an A+. (I couldn't help myself.) Our second favorite recipe (which means I love it and Matthias loves it) is a butternut squash soup recipe shared with me by friend and CSA member Alisha Wackerly.

Please share your butternut squash recipes... And your acorn squash recipes! I have not found a go-to acorn squash dish yet. :)

I'll leave you with an apology for another baby picture. Matthias enjoying watermelon and eggplant "parmesan" from last week's share.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment