Monday, August 22, 2016

2016 CSA Week 17

Hello fellow CSA members!

You all may have picked up on my preference toward fall (or maybe I just told you explicitly that it is my favorite season). While I am SO eager for fall (we're just days away from September!!!) I also am excited for a little taste of the final days of summer that awaits in this week's share...

Produce
Storage
Longevity
summer squash and zucchini
unwashed, in fridge
1-2 weeks
garlic
in fridge 1 week
tomatoes
room temperature
about a week
sweet corn
shucked or with husks on in coldest part of fridge
enjoy as soon as possible
cucumber
Washed or unwashed in fridge
1-2 weeks
watermelon
In fridge
Enjoy as soon as possible

Nothing says August like a delicious watermelon! My favorite way to enjoy fresh watermelon is chilled (some people choose to sprinkle a little salt, but I leave mine plain). But, in case you all were wanting some ideas for ways to enjoy your watermelon I thought I'd share with you these recipes for watermelon salsa, watermelon limeade, and arugula, watermelon and feta salad.

Hope you enjoy!

In case you may not have already seen this video on the facebook page or through email, I wanted to share this great clip of my friends and their farm. I can't imagine a more trusted, feel-good food source.



No comments:

Post a Comment