Friday, September 9, 2011

Dear Friends,





KY's weather is the most beautiful and interesting of all the places that I've lived. It is also amazing to see how much slower things grow when we have less day light in the day. Crops are slowing way down, but that means that you will be getting ready for some wonderful produce to warm up with.





This week will probably be the last for yellow squash, zuchinni, and cucumbers. Peppers, tomatoes, and basil should continue normally until October. We will start adding new items each week probably from here on out. I hope you enjoy them.





In your Basket you will find the following USDA Certified Organic Produce



· 2# Potatoes



· 2 Acorn or Spaghetti Squash



· Pears



· 0.5 # Squash/Zuchinni



· 3 cucumbers



· 4 Bell Peppers



· 1# Tomatoes



· 1 Cantaloupe



· Basil





Other news:



1. The farm Tour is @ 3pm on October 8th- If you have not told me or emailed that you plan or don't plan to come, please let me know either way. It will be potluck style and we will line up who brings what before too long.



2. Chef Terry from St. Joseph London is going to be at the library September 12 from 5-? showing some ways to cook asian greens from our farm. I will be there too.



3. My twin brother's wedding in VT was beautiful. We're all very happy for he and his wife. Amanda and I got to visit with my family and my older brother's son. Finley won the wrestling match.



4. If any of you know of any jobs in the London area please let me know. Preferably full time jobs.



Thank you for your support!



Ford, Amanda, Finley



--



http://sustainableharvestfarm.blogspot.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment