Friday, August 12, 2011

Dear friends,

Just a couple of updates...

I have a couple of bad pieces of news.

My 1st watermelon harvest was pathetic. out of 200 melons that were ready to harvest, I only got 24 that were worth picking. The others got a rot on their belly side that rotten the melons from the inside out. That's farming.

Other bummer is that my zuchinni plants have been destroyed by cucumber beetles. My yellow squash are still putting out a little. I saw this problem coming a few weeks ago so I planted another planting that would be coming on good in a couple more weeks and for some reason had poor germination (only 10% have developed).

On a good note though, cucumbers are still doing awesome, tomatoes are amazing, sweet potatoes are looking good, and our 2nd and 3rd planting of watermelons are looking ok, but still probably 4 weeks off before harvesting.

Sorry for the long email, I just wanted to keep you in the loop.

Sincere thanks,
Ford Waterstrat

In your basket you will find....
Green, Yellow, and Red Bell Peppers
"Warm Chili Peppers"
Cucumbers
Yellow Squash
Basil
6-8 Monster Tomatoes. This variety does not turn bright red. I did try to put a couple that needed to ripen for a few days so you could spread out your eating.
You also have a choice of 1 watermelon or 2 acorn Squash

No comments:

Post a Comment